Cost: €70 initial visit and €50 for subsequent visits
Our fees can be recovered from most health insurers, depending on the policy that you have. So, please check your policy.
The number one question asked, is it painful? People think of getting a blood test and suspect acupuncture will be similar. So, let’s look at this logically. Let’s compare the needles used. The picture below shows acupuncture needle versus medical syringe. An acupuncture needle is 0.25mm in thickness while a medical syringe 29mm. That is a medical syringe is 116 times thicker than an acupuncture needle! So, most clients describe acupuncture as a pain-free treatment or of it having a very mild discomfort level. Once the needles are in there is no pain and the treatment is very relaxing.
Acupuncture is a safe effective treatment that has been used successfully for thousands of years. It can be used to treat most medical conditions but is particularly beneficial for the following:
- Back pain
- Joint Pain and Sports Injuries – Frozen shoulder, Tennis Elbow, Achilles Tendonitis,
- Allergies - Sinus, Hay Fever, Rhinitis, Asthma, Skin Rashes, and Hives,
- Skin Problems – Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Urticaria, Itching,
- Bowel Conditions – Diarrhoea, Constipation, Wind, Bloating, Rumbling/gurgling noises,
- Digestive Conditions – Heartburn, Belching, Reflux, Food Repeating, Nausea, Vomiting,
- Stress, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia,
- Bells’ Palsy, Trigeminal Neuralgia,
- Tinnitus, Vertigo, Dizziness,
- Headache & Migraine
For most conditions, we would expect you to be seeing results inside of 4 treatments. Although this can be discussed further with therapist at the initial consultation when a full case history has been taken.
All the pages in our Acupuncture section: