Here is the process we undertake when providing an allergy testing consultation:
A full history is taken, both medical and environmental. It is important for us to know the onset and duration of symptoms.
- What were you doing at the time?
- What environment were you in?
If you have photographs of previous reactions please bring them. Please bring a list of any medication that you are on or were on at the time of the reaction.
There are 3 main aspects to the test:
- Organ Test: This is where we try to find the root of the problem. Why are you intolerant or sensitive to something suddenly? Often, we can treat the root of the issue and eliminate or improve the problem.
- Deficiency Test: This is where we look to see if you are lacking or deficient in certain Vitamins or minerals which may be contributing to your symptoms.
- Allergy Test: This is where we test for the 100 most common allergens including foods, chemicals, additives, and air born things such as dust, pollens, molds, etc
Depending on what has shown in the test, a plan will be put together. It may include a 6-week exclusion of allergens, followed by careful reintroduction in a lot of cases. It may also be explained how to change the diet to include any vitamins or minerals that showed to be deficient.
We are qualified nutritional advisors and we will ensure that you have alternative foods to eat and won’t be lacking nutritionally by doing any exclusion plan.
In a small number of cases, further treatments may be suggested to treat the symptoms such as acupuncture or Chinese herbs.
In most cases, a further review is not necessary. It is often that if the above steps have been followed then it is problem solved. However, sometimes the client prefers a review appointment and this is a shorter appointment costing €40.
Duration of the Consultation
The consultation and test take approximately 40 minutes for adults and you have the results there and then. We go through and explain any necessary diet sheets with you.
All the pages in our Allergy Testing section: